Now I’m not pretending I’m good at makeup or that I am an expert in any of these products, but before Rhemy I was really into makeup and I had acquired a decent collection. Now I am a mum, I rarely do my face without a little baby hanging around trying to help! I have had to adjust my makeup “routine” into a five minute exercise, and in doing so I have found new products that make this process as easy as possible.
Firstly, is my base make up; I always wear a primer, it smooths my face out and I feel like my foundation applies quicker and easier. My fav primer, is Maybelline Baby Skin. I bought this when I was in America because it was cheap and I have not found anything that I like more since. My fav foundation, is Lancome Miracle Cushion. It’s is pricey ($60aud) but I have yet to find something so easy to use that gives me a good result. It is a liquid foundation in a compact. The foundation is in a cushion and applied with a sponge. It is lightweight with a light to medium coverage. I wouldn’t use this for nights out but it is my favourite day time foundation.
Secondly is my blush and bronzer, I have multiple blushes but this Milani blush in Rose Amore is my favourite as it goes with everything. It’s kinda shimmery but not glittery, it’s just a pretty colour.
My all time favourite bronzer is this Calvin Klein bronzer, that I got on clearance for $5.00. I absolutely love the colour and I use it every time I do my makeup. It gives my face warmth and makes me look like like I have seen the sun recently which is a complete and utter lie haha!
My go to brow pencil is Marc Jacobs Brow Wow, it gives me a decent brow and I am able to get my brows matching in lightening speed. I am no brow expert and find a lot of products difficult to use, this pencil is different and I will be repurchasing forever.
I am yet to find a mascara I love. This covergirl clump crusher is good but not a “go to” I just would never bother doing my makeup without putting on mascara.
My go to eyeshadow is the Gwen Stefani by Urban Decay palette, it is versatile and has a huge mirror. I find that when I am slapping on my makeup I am not looking for any another palette and that proves to me what a great purchase this was! There are so many neutral colours and I’m a neutral girl.
Lastly, my fav lip products is this awesome combo! This Rimmel exaggerate lip liner in Obsession 064 is not as dark on the lips as it looks so it makes the best base. This Marc Jacobs lipgloss in Love Buzz is always in my bag and I use it everyday single day!
So now I ask you, what’s your favourite slap on and go make up products? You have to juggle and change so many things when you become a mama, so why should your makeup be any different?
As soon as the eggs were handed out for Easter today, all I could think about is how I really need to get healthy and get back into shape! One of my best friends just asked me to be a bridesmaid in her upcoming nuptials, another is also getting married within 12 months and I really don’t want to see myself in photos and wince!
So I’ve set our family a challenge! We will eat well, treat ourselves less, drink more water and try to exercise every second day. Whether that is going to the gym (which I try to do three times a week with my mum and her friend) or going for a family walk! Rhemy loves being taken on walks in her smart trike and her doggy Tilly just loves to get out. It is so easy for me to say, I don’t have the time at the end of long days when I truly can’t be bothered! However I am trying to start this change to my lifestyle! It’s time to take care of myself (and my family).
The “challenge” will be starting on Wednesday (as its my first day back to the gym) and I will check back every few weeks to let you know how my little family is going. I will share tips, healthy recipes and my failures. I will be open and honest with you all so hopefully you guys can help me along the way!
Here’s to the start of being healthy, of feeling good and hopefully losing weight! Join me?
📸feature image: Pinterest
If we are going to be friends I think it is a good idea to share with you some facts about me! Maybe you will find we have a lot in common, maybe you will find – we do not!
I am a little (okay, a lot) obsessed with Friends, the TV show. I watch them constantly, it is my happy place. I can (and do) quote parts of episodes. My family (dad, in particular) is also bad for this.
I am somewhat nerdy, I’m really into the new tech items that get released. My Apple Watch is one of my best Christmas presents to date. I may have got up at 2.30am last year just to watch the apple conference, so I knew what was coming out and when.
I am utterly obsessed with handbags, this obsession has been around for as long as I can remember. Louis Vuitton is my favourite brand, but I’m really into almost anything.
I started wearing glasses all the time when I was 22, and I have hated them ever since! My husband also wears them, but unfortunately for him he has had them since he was a baby. One day, when we can afford it, we both would like to get laser.
I am studying Bachelor of Education – early childhood. I do this online, and struggle to find the time to study. I am trying and not overly succeeding to find a balance that works.
I have been a dental assistant since I was 16, I enjoy my job, but can’t wait until I become a teacher.
Now your turn, tell me about you. I’d love to know the your quirks, if we are going to be friends.
Today, I’m going to share some things my mother always told me, that I intend to use myself as my child grows.
1. “We will see”; growing up I always thought that when my mum said “we will see” that she meant it, however as I have gotten older, she disclosed to me, that she used this to see how much I wanted something before having to even consider giving me an answer. If I wasn’t asking for it a couple of days later, obviously it wasn’t that important. Cheeky (clever) mum!!
2. “If you have done something, it’s best to tell me first. It’s better for me to hear it from you then from someone else”; I was always told that if I did something, I knew was wrong or that I knew my mother would disapprove of, then it was always best if I told her first. I grew up in a small town, and my daughter will too, so it is inevitable that word gets around. It’s true that other people love to dish the dirt and it took the fun out of it for the gossipers if mum already knew!
3. “If you can’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all”; self explanatory, used by many! But in a world dominated by social media and keyboard warriors, I believe it is now more important then ever, that my child learns to keep nasty thoughts and comments to herself! No one likes a bully!
4. “It’s more important to participate, then to be the best”; I grew up playing sport, keeping my parents’ weekends full and wallets empty. I was taught, that I may not be good at everything (ain’t that the truth) but that I should always give it a go. Sport and other hobbies, allow kids to meet new people, develop skills and confidence. I look forward to passing this onto my offspring.
5.”I’m your mum first, your friend second!”; I have always been close with my mum, it’s always been a wonderful relationship. But when I was younger, when it mattered most. I was taught that while we might have a close friendship, that she is my mum first, friend second. Now I’m older that has changed but especially as an adolescent I think it’s extremely important that these lines don’t become blurred. So Rhemy Sharen, I say to you, I will always be your friend, but first I will always be your mother!
What traits, sayings, tricks has your mother passed down to you?
Is it just me, or is anyone else over all the “controversial” posts everyone puts up these days? I am so over someone’s person opinion of what they feel works for their family being labelled as controversial. I don’t agree with most things I read, I have a very particular idea of how I intend to bring up my child but that does not mean I judge others for their choices.
I haven’t breastfed my baby since she was 2.5months old, she has slept in her nursery since we came home from Adelaide (at two weeks old). She eats packet baby food, loves her dummy and sometimes sleeps in our bed. My choices probably make many shudder, I mean who would give their baby food that wasn’t organic? But to that I say a big eff you! My choices are exactly that, my choices. If you are not hurting anyone, then really it is no one else’s business!
To anyone who is co-sleeping, exclusively breastfeeding, exclusively bottle feeding, to the Mummas that work full time and the ones that are staying at home with their kids, I give you all, a big high five! We are all working towards the same goal to bring up wonderful children, in a sometimes shitty world! So next time you find yourself labelling someone, or judging perhaps you should shut up and try giving them a pat on the back instead!
We are all doing a wonderful job, the only way we know how!
Statistics say that the internet is inundated with over 150 million blogs! Some extremely successful, some not so much. None the less it is something a lot of people are finding themselves participating in at one point in their lives.
Here’s four reasons why I blog, and why maybe you should be too.
1. It is a great outlet! I find that writing soothes me, gives me time to reflect on our week and allows me to give all of myself to something other then someone else’s needs for a while! It is my creative outlet, my input to the online world.
2. The blogging community! No matter what subject you write about there is thousands of other people writing about and interested in the same topic, which means there is a huge community of people who are there to discuss your passion. It is nice to be part of supportive group that encourages you to continue your passion.
3. Blogging is a way to open up a new interest. Being part of the blogging community means that you are more inclined to explore all types of blogs, on all different topics. This means that you are exposed to things that maybe you would not have had an interest in, prior to entering this online world. If you want to learn to cook, there are recipes for all tastebuds, ever wanted to do a homeware DIY? There’s a post for that too!
4. Blogging can eventually turn an income. Now this doesn’t happen for everyone and takes a lot of hard work and persistence but sometimes blogging can turn into a way to make money. Some people even end up positing full time! Really how awesome could that be!
Now turn that computer on head over to WordPress or any other blogging platform and begin blogging. I promise you will never look back!