I seen this posted on another website a few months ago and I thought it was such an amazing idea! So here we go, I’m going to share with you all 9 songs I’ll listen to until the day I die and why!
1. Kiss – Rock N Roll All Nite: My dads favourite band when I was growing up was Kiss. I never really got it when I was younger but you hear something enough, you become used to it. However when I was a teenager I went to their concert with my family and now the song has such a sentimental value to me that I actually really like it.
2. Blondie – One way or another: Another memory from when I was growing up, we’d have sing alongs in the car when we travelled and my mum was a Blondie fan, to be honest I always liked to sing along too!
3. Queen – Fat bottomed girls: I have a memory of me and my mum dancing around in our kitchen to this song. It was such fun and one we always laughed along to. It was our song, as we are of the pear body shape!
4. Aerosmith – I don’t wanna miss a thing: When I was in Vegas we went and seen Aerosmith. They were incredible! It certainly helps that this is the song me and my husband danced to at our wedding. It brings back such lovely memories.
5. The Temptation – My girl: Like so many girls my age, this was a song my dad sang to me when I was young. It also helps that this was also one of my favourite movies!
6. Brian McKnight – Marry your daughter: I walked down the aisle to this song, enough of a reason right there. The lyrics get me every single time!
7. ABBA – Waterloo: Mum loves ABBA, I remember it playing as part of her “cleaning soundtrack” while I didn’t help clean, I certainly helped sing and bop along!
8. Axiom – A little ray of sunshine: When Rhemy was born my grandparents came to see us and on the way they had heard this song and thought it was so appropriate. As soon as I listened to it, I knew it was too.
9. Heartland – I loved her first: I danced with my dad to this song at my wedding. What a tear jerker this song turned out to be!
Now your turn, share with my songs that you will listen to until the day you die and why?! It was so fun looking down memory lane and I know I have missed some out! I probably could have done 20 songs but ain’t nobody got time for that 😂.
Till next time,
(Featured image credit: http://www.scienceillustrated.com.au)